Friday, June 5, 2009

Kauai in a nutshell. Picture mania!

So Matt bought me this awesome camera for Mother's Day.  It takes under water pics, even though when you look at it you would never guess that it could do that.  I used it a ton and here are all the pics from our trip to Kauai.  We had an amazing time.  We are sad and happy to be home.  I do miss it already though.


Check these out:





So my parents stayed at the Hyatt and they had a sweet pool.  It was pretty much a river whirlpool.  They had a HUGE slide as well that we fell in love with.  My Dad, Matt and I were constantly finding new techniques that would make us to go faster.


Isn't she gorgeous?



This little slide right here would transition you into the other parts of the pool.  It was a major hit with Madeline.

He is so handsome.


So, I am obsessed with how ugly snorkeling gear makes you look, so I had to show all of you how dang HOT we look with it on :)




This is Kee beach.  It was so fun to snorkel here.  They had amazing hikes as well along the Napali Coast line.


My Dad was very excited to have his pic taken with the hot Hawaiian ladies.



This was at Poipu Beach.  It was a perfect beach for kids and it had some good snorkeling as well.





I thought this pic looked cool.  Don't you love my long, alien, french fry toes squeezing Matt's head?


So, I have to say that this was the high light of the trip.  We went kayaking through the rainforest and then we hiked through it to see some amazing waterfalls.  Then we swam in the waterfall, which kind of hurt by the way, and then headed back.  We LOVED it.






I had to throw this pic in there, since it looks like Matt's calf is my leg and it looks like I have one HUGE calf and one small one .  I thought all of you would enjoy it as well.


It is amazing how their trees grow.


This is the waterfall.  I swear it is bigger in person.  




This is my favorite pic.  I loved taking pictures under neath the waterfall.  Matt proposed to me under a waterfall, so this was pretty cool.



These are the Secret Falls.  Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.




So, there was this band playing every night and Madeline went nuts over them.  She was totally flirting with one of the band members as well.  He let her play one of the instruments and she was in heaven and dancing like a nut of course.



My parents.  So adorable.

We also went on a helicopter ride, which was amazing.  He showed us all the waterfalls and parts of the island that were in the movie Jarrastic Park.  I could not think of a better island for that movie.  Below are some pics from the helicopter.  Madeline went with us, which I thought was crazy, but she was really good.








The entire fam in Hawaii. 


The End.  I hope you all enjoyed.

9 comments:

  1. wow those are great pictures.... jeremy just got a waterproof camera, and i keep trying to steal it...

    looks like you guys had a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go so bad!!! I'm way too jealous and so that's why I'm not going to tell you that your pictures are awesome and gorgeous and that you look great! I'm just not going to say it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys had such a good time!! The pictures are great, and I love the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing trip! Loved all the pictures and that new camera sounds mighty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello picture mania!

    i love kauai, looks like you guys had a blast! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a blast Marcie. I want to go on vacation again now. You're parents are so cute. And Maddie too of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo fun!! I have been begging Brandon to take us to Hawaii. Hopefully someday we will be able to go.

    ReplyDelete