Friday, May 22, 2009

A walk down memory lane.

So a friend from high school, Ashley, did these posts every Friday on her blog, called Formal Friday.  She posted pics of herself at our high school dances in Mission Viejo, CA.  I loved it.  I forgot all the styles back then that were so cool at the time.  Even though the pics were not of me, it took me back in time and it was nice to reflect.  I thought, just for fun, I would take all of you down my memory lane in my life.  I went home some time in April, I think, and I snatched all of my pics that were sitting in one of my drawers.  I decided I would share all of them with you.  I also wanted to challenge all of you, only if you are up to it, to do the same.  I absolutely LOVE looking at baby pics and childhood pics of different people, especially my friends.  So, my plan is to do this every Friday, but we will see if I keep up with it.  We are going on a trip, so that Friday I will definitely not be posting, but other than that, I will hopefully keep up.  Enjoy!

So, below is when I was obviously a baby.  I love this pic, because I think that we look fake like stuffed animals.  The other adorable child is my older, handsome brother.  His name is Nicholas, which we will be naming our boy if we have one.  I miss him very much.  I don't think anyone could ask for a better brother than him.

This is my 6th birthday when we lived in Huntington Beach.  You can see my brother with our dog Ling.  He was a sweet dog.  The girls are just some birthday buddies of mine.

Below is a pic of my two wonderful cousins, who I love so much.  We are holding our dog Sugar, which truly was the BEST dog in the world.  I also miss him very much.  We got him when I was 8 and he passed away when I was about 23.  

Can you believe what a ghetto child I was?  Look at my bangs!  Thanks a lot Dad.  My Dad used to cut my bangs and he obviously did not miss his calling in life by not choosing hair styling as a career.  This was in first grade at a field trip.  

Next is a pic of when we lived in our home in Mission Viejo.  We had the HUGEST backyard ever.  I was a little gymnast, which I am sure all of you can gather from my unusual pose.  
That is all for now and I will post more soon.




5 comments:

  1. It is so fun to see these pictures. I would do it, by my pictures are all in scrapbooks and it would be so hard to do that. I will just enjoy looking at yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! seriously, how fun are old pictures? my girls are going to kill me when they see all that i have of them doing embarrassing things!

    and what, no prom pics? i wanna see those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were fun :) I had some pretty awful bangs myself when I was younger. My mom swore they looked so good - we'll see if I ever trust her again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes... your backyard WAS huge! and i absolutely LOVED the pool you guys had! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that in one of those pics you have a My Little Ponies tee on! lol I think I had that same exact shirt! Fun to see pics!

    ReplyDelete