Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Journal's to Madeline - Puerto Rico











Trip to Puerto Rico 10/3 - 10/10

The second to last day we were there your Dad, your Uncle Aaron, Great Uncle Greg, Great Aunt Barbara and I went snorkeling. We took a boat to Vieques Island. The island used to be where the Navy would do bomb testing. Now I guess 8,000 people live on the island and it has a beautiful town. Since it was hurricane season the water was not very clear. I still had a wonderful time however. I absolutely love to snorkel. I guess I just feel that I am able to enter into an entirely different world from ours. Even though we are very knowledgeable about the ocean and its inhabitants there is still so much we do not know and there will be a lot we will never know in this lifetime. The ocean (when there are not a lot of waves crashing on me) is so calming and peaceful. I saw the movie The Little Mermaid when I was younger and always dreamt about being a mermaid. Do not get me wrong; I do have a lot of fears of some of the animals in the ocean. I do not fear them in a bad way necessarily, the ocean and the animals in it are unknown and unfamiliar territory to me. So the fear that I have is more of respect and admiration. The way that the waves crash and what makes them crash is so amazing. I really feel that the ocean is one of my favorite creations of our Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father is definitely an artistic man. That day snorkeling we did not see anything crazy, but we did see a sting ray. I love the way that they just breeze across the sand at the bottom of the ocean. They are beautiful animals. The captain told us that there was a nurse shark that hangs around the part where we snorkeled. Nurse sharks are not aggressive at all, so they are safe to be close to and even approach in a very gentle manner. I would never approach it, but I really wanted to see it. I was bummed that we did not see it, but that was ok. Your Dad and I wanted to and didn’t want to see the nurse shark at the same time.

Home from Puerto Rico 10/18/2008

This last weekend I went hiking with my friend Melinda McFarland. I am sure I spelt her name incorrectly, but that’s ok. I had no idea so many beautiful hikes were so close to our house. We went on these hikes that are right next to the new Draper Temple that is being built right now. I would have to say the mountains are another favorite creation of mine. It is fall right now as well and all the leaves are changing color. These hikes overlooked almost the entire Utah Valley. Melinda told me about her friends who once said that hiking makes her soul happy. I would definitely have to agree with her. To be honest I think that most exercise and physical activities make your soul happy. There is good reason that exercise is a good portion of the Word of Wisdom. Exercise replenishes you. After I exercise I almost feel like I started over with a clean slate. I am always in a better mood and feel like I am ready to take on any (well most) challenge. I really felt like that the day I went with Melinda, plus it was nice to make a new friend that I felt like I could talk to and relate to. I do love talking to your Dad, but I will always say that it is so important to have friends of the same sex. Initially I thought that your Dad should always understand me and be able to relate to everything about me. I soon realized that it is not supposed to be that way and was never intended to be that way. I was visit taught today by Melinda actually and Janessa. They spoke about how women and men were created different because both have a divine purpose and they complete one another. Your Dad completes me and I complete him. I always told him that we fit together like a puzzle piece, which is why we need each other. This story brings me to what else we did this weekend.

Your Dad and I are registered to vote in California even though we live in Utah. There is a Proposition in California called Proposition 8 that we want to get passed. By the time you read this who knows what will be happening, but there are a lot of people who want homosexual marriages to be legalized. We voted on this a long time ago and the legalization of same sex marriages was denied. However, one of our Supreme Court judges decided to override our votes and it was legalized. Since this completely went against the Constitution and the democracy of the United States we are being able to vote on this again. In my opinion this is absolutely ridiculous since we already voted on this and should therefore not have to again. Your Dad and I want to do every thing we can to make sure that same sex marriages are not legalized, or do not remain legalized. This November we will be voting for this as well as who will be the President of the United States. We will be voting for John McCain. He is not my favorite choice, however he is a lot better than Barack Obama who is running against him. Anyways since we are voting in California we cannot vote in Utah, but I still wanted to support our Utah State representatives. Greg Hughes is our current Utah State representative and we want to make sure he gets reelected. We went knocking door to door to inform everyone about him. I was nervous to do this; I have never done that before. I felt like I was on my mission again. I always got nervous before we knocked on every door, but in the end I felt this high and I could actually feel Heavenly Father letting me know that he was proud of me. I am telling you all this not to bore you, but I truly hope that you will realize in your future how important it is to vote and stand up for what is right, even if others put you down for it. One of my old friends from Junior High wrote me a note letting me know that she thought that I was not the best person for not supporting gay marriage. Even though I felt a little scared and apprehensive I spoke my mind to her about the matter. I did not do it in a way to get revenge, or to just be right, but I let her know how I truly felt. I let her know that I will never fear man I will only fear God. Our Heavenly Father has stated from the beginning that marriage is only between a man and a woman. There is no law higher than Gods law and I will therefore support him before I will ever help make this world convenient for man. Ok I am sure you had enough of my political spiel. I really pray that you will be involved, that you will think for yourself and always stand strong. Ok, that is it.

I love you so much Ms. Madeline Rose. I will always love you and I will always be there for you!!! Thank you for being my little angel. I am sooooooo proud of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment