Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall. I LOVE IT!












Have I mentioned how much I love the fall? It's not too hot, it's not too cold, it is just perfect. The leaves are changing color, the air is crisp, there is just something about it that makes me happy.

I know I have mentioned this in previous posts, however it really amazes me how our Heavenly Father has really thought of it all. We have our four seasons; fall, winter, spring and summer. Fall reminds me of a snake shedding its skin. I think that it is time for all of us to shed our skin in a sense. It is also a lot like baptism when you really think about it. We are baptized and we shed ourselves of all our sins. We get to start all over and be cleansed of our previous sins. When you look all around you can see all the trees shedding their leaves getting ready to start over again and prepare themselves for the seasons to come, till fall arrives once again. I truly believe that Heavenly Father gave us the fall season not just to have a season, but as a symbol, so that all of us would stop and reflect. What do we need to shed? How can we start anew and fresh so that we can be prepared for the seasons of life to come.

On another note, I have completely lost my Puerto Rican tan and my skin is literally shedding, getting itself ready for the winter. Brrrrr, I can already feel the cold. Good thing I love to Snow Board, otherwise I would be dreading winter. Yet when I think of winter I think of Christmas. Have I also mention how much I LOVE CHRISTMAS? We will save that for another post.

I took some pics of our little munchkin in the leaves to celebrate my love of the fall. I love her, she is so precious!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture! Where did you take it with all of those pretty leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so in love with her ! she has to be one of the cutest and sweetest babies i have ever known. oh how i miss her laugh and her baby breath. i love you miss madeline!

    ReplyDelete