Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Journal's to Madeline

As most if not all of you know my husband and I are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka: the Mormon Church).  When I was pregnant with Madeline I had the opportunity to go and attend conference.  We have conference every six months.  At these conferences the Prophet (President Monson) speaks, along with many of the apostles and other leaders of the church.  To get thickets to go to conference is not easy.  These tickets do not cost any money or anything, however naturally many people want to go and hear the Prophet speak live in person vs. on television.  When I went I heard a wonderful talk about writing journals to your children.  I decided when Madeline was born that I would write journals to her.  I wanted to write about her goals and accomplishments.  I also wanted to write about my experiences hoping they would provide her with advice and life lessons.  I though about it a lot and by no means am I comparing my journals to the scriptures, because they do not compare, however could you imagine if the Prophets of old never wrote down what happened to them, their thoughts, their feelings.  We would not have  the scriptures today if they just opted out.  We must learn from our ancestors, if not history will definitely repeat itself.  Anyways I thought I would share these journals with all of you.  I will post my most recent journal.




No comments:

Post a Comment