Monday, May 30, 2011

Myla's First Year!

Myla Peach Deter was born May 24, 2010, weighing in at 8lb 1oz. She was a large baby for her small mommy to have, but definitely worth every little ache and pain. Nothing worthwhile is easy, at least that is my philosophy :)

Myla is really the light of our life. Her smile is the most contagious grin I have ever witnessed. I really think that Myla could bring about world peace with her incredible magnetic happiness alone. She started smiling at about 1 month, which I consider pretty young. I just figured that she was no longer able to contain it. The day she was born there was an incredible spirit that Matt and I felt in the room. I know it was because Heavenly Father wants us to know that he was sending us a special daughter of God and that we are responsible for nurturing her and raising her right.

I've never met a baby like Myla. I feel like her goal every day is to spot as many people as possible, draw them in with her inescapable gaze, give them a smile they will never forget, therefore helping everyone that crosses her path remember what life is truly about and what really matters.

Myla is still not walking yet, but she is pulling herself up on everything and walking along that way. I am estimating that she will walk at 14 months like her sis. She is crazy and into EVERYTHING. I really think that she has lightening speed, even if I run I cannot stay up with her. She is fascinated with doors and every time she opens and closes them she gives us a look of astonishment and then laughs. She loves being chased and I am nervous of what a dare devil she will become. She will allow Matt to throw her in any direction and just casually laughs and smiles all the while. She is an amazing eater and therefore weighs about 21 pounds right now. She can say mama and dada, that, and amen, which cracks me up. She is very communicative, which is to be expected considering my large mouth. She is a wonderful performer and will do muscles, touchdown, blow kisses, wave and make the stinky face with the hand when I say something is stinky.

Our life was incomplete without you Ms. Myla. This world is a better place because you are in it. I can't imagine the many lives that have already been touched and will be touched by your presence alone. You are an incredible gift from our Heavenly Father and your Dad and I cherish every moment with you. We cannot wait to see what the future holds for you!!!

I am going to try and add a slideshow of her bday on my blog, so stay posted :)

Myla's First Year, from 0-12 months:




















2 comments:

  1. Awwww, cute! I can't believe she is already a year old, but at the same time, she seems older...I can't wait to meet her one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love all the cute pictures. I can't believe she is one. Time flies !

    ReplyDelete