Friday, November 6, 2009

Inquiring minds want to know.

This is not my ultrasound, I just always feel the need to post a pic.


So, I know I told all of you that my appointment was on the 4th and it was, however they scheduled the ultrasound for the next day. I guess the ultrasound person wasn't in on the 4th, or something like that. So, I had to wait YET ANOTHER day to find out how far along I am. Since most of you probably know me pretty well, you know that patience does not exist in my vocabulary. By Halloween I am dying to know what I will be getting for Christmas basically.

Well, I know all of you were probably pacing your rooms all night last night and even biting your nails, so your fingers are probably just little nubbins now, as you were dying to find out the results.

The results were quite unexpected actually. After I had Madeline I got an IUD (a form of birth control for those who are not familiar). When I got it out I was totally fine, but my woman stuff was all irregular. Well, it turns out there was good reason my woman stuff was acting all weird. I actually got pregnant while I had the IUD in and I was lucky to have not lost the baby.

So how far along am I? Drum roll please..............

I AM 21 WEEKS!!! and there is more. THERE IS MORE THAN JUST ONE IN THERE. THERE ARE TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES, I SAID IT, 2222222222222222, IF YOU DID NOT HEAR THE FIRST TIME, OR IF YOU VISION IS GETTING A LITTLE BLURY.

Both Matt and I almost passed out together. Good thing he didn't though, because he was holding Madeline. I am still in shock. I still really can't believe it myself. But, the main reason it is so hard for me to believe is that I am so full of crap. I had to keep you on the edge of your seat. Ok, the truth is I am 11 weeks and 5 days and they are not sure of the sex quite yet, but they said I will be able to find out in a couple of weeks when I go in for a different test. Ha, I had you going didn't I? I am good! Really though, the baby was so cute and it was so exciting. Even though this is the second time around, it is still just as amazing. So, the winners of the pole are all those who guessed 12 weeks. They were the closest. Congrats to those who won. You get a whole day of bragging that you are always right, well, that you are right most of the time! Do what you want with your win. I think you should go out and celebrate your rightness!

I will post the pics of the ultrasound soon :)

13 comments:

  1. I will be celebrating the fact that I am an AMAZING friend and guessed correctly! Boo ya! I am very excited for you, and I actually would think it would be crazy if you were really having twins. Maybe the next pregnancy :) Love ya! Happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a dork marcie!!! I was going crazy when i read twins and 21 weeks. you're a brat. Congrats though! I'm so happy for you. You are only a week and a half behind me. Yay! I'm jealous that they are going to tell you the sex so soon. They said that I have to wait until 19 weeks which isn't until Dec. 16th. I want to know now!!!! I'm impatient too!!! oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you little stinker... i was totally freaking out... 21 weeks?...twins?...

    I should have known better.

    Congrats again...I can hardly wait to find out if your having another little angel or if a prince will be joining your clan.

    keep us updated... and, lets see that little pooch you facebooked about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was already dialing Angie to tell her you were having twins you nut!!! that would be crazy!!! congrats! can't wait to hear what it is you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So your due date must be around May23? Our babies could have the same birthday ya know! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um you had me going. I said "What" out loud when you said there were 2 babies. Very funny marcie:) Congrats we are so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a sneaky little thing ;) hehe. I'm way excited for you and can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twins! Congrats! That is so crazy. You'll be tripling your amount of children all on one day. Just don't ask Jon and Kate for parenting tips. >:) (written by Andrew, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Andrew not to be so impatient and read the whole post before he comments:) Congrats you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh you had Marlon & I with our mouths hanging open as we were reading!! Jokes us on, we should have expected something like that from you :) Congrats on the little one. I guessed right @ 12 wks!! Woohoo!...is there a prize for those who guessed right? j/k :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so annoyed. i almost fainted. well congrats anyway on the one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You very funny!! :) We miss you guys too!! Hope all is going well. You got to add some new pics of Maddie! I want to see how much she has grown. Also, I need your new address. Even though I know you do not live here any more I am still going to send you an invitation to Easton's B-day party cause it has some fun pics on it. Can you text me your address?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog!! (I hope that's okay.) I'm not usually a blog stalker, promise. anyway, you really had me going on the twin thing. I was like, "wait, she said she was 12 weeks along today and she didn't say anything about twins!" Please let me know when your next doc appt is so I can watch Maddie for you. it was fun to chat at the park!

    ReplyDelete