Monday, January 12, 2009

Honey Bear - I already miss you.

So, even though Sunday was a very sad day for my husband, due to the Giants loss, it turned out to be an eventful day for me.

First we start church at 11am now. This is a whole new ball game for Madeline. Needless to say, this is quite difficult with her nap schedule. However, there are a lot worse things in life, so it is ridiculous of me to even complain about it.

Ok, now, the main event. A young boy from our church showed up on our door step with this adorable mini palmeranian. He asked us first if it was our dog and then if we knew who the owner was. He said that she some how got into his house and was just walking around. We had no idea, but I offered to take the adorable puppy off his hands and find the owners. I walked up and down the streets, knocking on doors asking if anyone has seen this dog before. It was so nice though. I got to visit with all of my neighbors and meet some new people. I must say, we really have some nice neighbors that I am sad that I have never taken the time to get to know. Almost every person who saw this adorable dog wanted to take her off my hands for me. All she wanted to do was snuggle in my arms. She feel asleep in them 3 times. I literally walked our neighborhood for hours. It was so nice. Usually on Sundays I feel chained to the house watching football. This was a nice excuse to get out and get to know the neighbors.

So after walking the streets for quite some time I thought it would be fun to see how Madeline would like the dog. I think she was a little jealous because I snuggled with that fluffy ball of hair so much. However she seemed to really like the dog. She is really into giving kisses now and she kept trying to kiss the dog. The dog would lick her on her face and was really sweet with her. Of course Madeline was trying to poke the dogs eyes out, but it was still so precious.

So, while I was knocking doors this wonderful couple from our church offered to take the dog for the night and to the vet the next day to see if she had a chip, considering the dog did not have any tags. When I was taking the dog for her last walk and was about to drop her off I heard this other couple walking up the street saying "Honey Bear, Honey Bear." I screamed "are you looking for a dog and is it a palmeranian?" With tears in her eyes the girl repeatedly said yes and ran to retrieve her dog. It turns out that they just got the dog a week ago from the girls ex-brother-in-law. He was going to put the dog in the pound and they could not handle it. They actually did not really want Honey Bear because they work so much and just do not have time for her, but they said they could not stand to see her go to the pound. So, if any of you are looking for an adorable, well mannered, well trained, sweet dog this girl would be happy to give her to you. What is even better is that her poop is like rabbit poop and she pees like one drop because she is so small.

I was so sad to give her up. We would have taken her, but our landlord said no pets. I miss little Honey Bear. One day we will get a dog, however we have something even better, Ms. Madeline.

I know that story was not that exciting, but now that I am married with a kid that is about as exciting as a Sunday afternoon can get.

Here are some pics of us with the adorable Honey Bear and just my Honey Bear. I will be posting pics from Christmas soon. Sorry for lagging so bad. I've been so dang lazy!









1 comment:

  1. She is a cute little dog! You are so sweet to go through all the trouble to help find her home. So Madeline looked so addorable on Sunday. I loved her little dress. i never got to stop to tell you. As for the new church schedule...in Sacrament she sure seemed happy smiling the whole time. She is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete