Sunday, February 13, 2011

What has been goin on in the Deter Home :)

So, we recently had family pics taken. We had some taken on the beach and just yesterday we had more pictures taken in downtown San Juan Capistrano. I wanted some casual ones on the beach and then a little nicer ones done as well. San Juan is so beautiful. I could spend an entire week there just walking around and looking through the shops. Our friend Jason Graney took our pics on the beach. He does photography, but he normally only takes pictures of scenery and animals. This was his first photo shoot with people. I thought he did a really good job. Our pics we had taken in San Juan were done by Tyler Colopy. He is amazing. He normally does not taken pics of people either, but he did a fantastic job. He had his beautiful wife Amber helping, which made it even more fun. They are so cool to work with. If you would like to check Tyler's work out click here.

Madeline was in heaven because of the trains in San Juan. She tells me that she is Wilson all the time from the Disney show Chuggington. Lately she has told me that she either a dog (because our neighbor has an adorable dog named Scout), or she is Wilson, or she is Lightning McQueen. Her imagination is just flourishing and I am in love with it.

Friday night Matt asked me if he could take Madeline on a Daddy/Daughter Valentine's date. I of course was ecstatic for this. I absolutely love their relationship and am so proud that Matt is raising her to be a confident, loved, little lady. So, they made each other Valentine's cards and then Matt came around the front door to pick her up for their date. They went to Burger King, aka "The King," as Maddie calls it. I know that sounds a little ghetto for a date, but Madeline is in love with their chocolate milk and their biggest slides in the whole world. They had a blast needless to say.

So, I recently tried out for the show Wipeout with my best friend Allison. Yes I said it, WIPEOUIT. If you do not watch that show already I kind of think something is wrong with you and I am surprised we are friends and or family :) I am partially kidding of course. There is not a whole lot I can share about the process, but I can say that I did well with the auditions and I pray that I make the show. It is seriously my dream in life, as well as Allison's. I've figured that one day my obsession with embarrassing myself would pay off right? I can't tell you how much fun we had at the open auditions together. She did AMAZING of course! I will post some pics soon of our amazingly HOT outfits. However, the ever so famous cow outfit did make its appearance once again. It was such a cool experience though and I am glad that I did it. I've been waking up every morning still thinking about it and all the other crazy things I could have performed to get on the show. We will see what happens, but keep your fingers crossed for us.

Here are the beach family pics. I will post the other ones when we get them back. Enjoy:















7 comments:

  1. I've already said it, but I love these pictures! I'm excited to see the fancier ones too :) And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Wipeout - so freaking hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at these pictures! You guys are such a darling family! That is so cute that Matt took Maddie on a date, I LOVE IT! Also, I am beyond excited that you and Allison tried out for the show WIPEOUT! My Matt and I love watching that show, so you two better make it on! Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures Marcie!! You better get picked for that show. It is hilarious!! I am peeing my pants already thinking of you on that show!! Keep me posted! Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Marcie! I love checking your blog to see its been updated with the latest in the Deter family. Your girls are too cute for words. Kudos to Matt for the daddy and daughter Valentines Day dinner. Keep us posted on the Wipeout. Jason and I watch it every week! Happy Valentines Day and much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics! I think its awesome you each have a mini-me! I am excited to hear about Wipeout; Tristan and I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marce! Cute pics first of all, and secondly AGREED about Wipeout...BEST SHOW EVER. and mike and i always talk about how awesome i would be on that show!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU GET ON!! you will totally rock and WIN! i am totally trying out someday. love your face. talk soon..

    ReplyDelete