Thursday, November 13, 2008

Art time, football time, mohawk time and naked time (my favorite)!

Madeline and I have been stuck in the house for the past week or so due to her pneumonia. I AM GOING CRAZY! For all you who know me I can't stand staying in side all day. It turns out that Madeline is similar to her Mommy. I can tell she is getting a little stir crazy herself. Plus it is TOO cold to take her outside to play. I decided to mix it up a bit and try an attempt at creativity. I am sure most of you are aware that I am not exactly the artsy fartsy type :( I sure do admire those who are however. I do not want to rub my lack of creative ability onto my daughter, therefore I figured we should get the art projects started. I looked online if there was a recipe for edible finger paints for kids (what would I do with out the internet). Low and behold there is: here . I called some domestic friends to see if any of them had food coloring. They did! We made aztec blue, coral, lime green and purple. However the lime green kind of looked like booger green. We had a good time as always and the pics turned out pretty cute. I will post some to share.

I feel for all the wives out there who are married to a football lovin husband like mine. I LOVE MY HUSBAND, however I no longer have any desire AT ALL to watch sports on tv. I can't say I had much of a desire before I was married, but now I really DON'T. This lady asked me if I could change one thing about my hubby would I change his obsession with watching sports. While I almost answered YES, I stopped myself. Matt and I both have our passions. We knew about each others passions before we were married. I married him because I love him and his passion for sports is a huge part of who he is. So I guess I love that my hubby loves football. Here's to you hubby: GO GIANTS!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Since I decided to dabble into the creative arts I felt that my daughter needed to have the appropriate hair style for art making; a mohawk. I LOVE IT. I felt naked time was very important to go along with mohawk time. Well, to be honest, we get naked time in as much as possible. I LOVE THOSE LITTLE BUNS!!!

Enjoy!












6 comments:

  1. These pics are so so cute. I love that you decided to get creative. I will soon be home with my newborn and I am so not a home body so I am telling EVERYONE to come a visit and play at my house until I can get out and come to yours! :) I am with you on the sports thing. I am trying my hardest to get interested but it is really hard when all they want to do is watch sports ALL the time and everything has to revolve around them. But I love my husband for who he is and have learned to adjust. Well I got to go but I love your blog. I hope Madeline gets feeling better soon. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, she is so freakin cute. Nice butt...it's so bubbly like her Mommy's! ha! So, you've accepted the role of football wife so well. It fits you. Don't get excited about me and blogs. I've kind of stopped, as you can see, but I hope to update with pictures after I have the baby. WIll I see you during the holidays???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I see you deleted your myspace page...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I am due November 21st but he is inducing me on the 20th at 8pm at Jordan Valley Hospital. We usually eat around 5:30 or 6:00 whatever works for the person bringing it. :) I appreciate you setting it all up. I will make sure to keep you posted so that you can come and snuggle him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patience is not a virtue of mine so I depend on Brandon for that. Yeah Monday and Tuesday would be great for dinners. I need your phone # I do not think I have it and I want to be able to let you know when we have him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. You are hard core girl.

    ReplyDelete